Club project - shop box

Club project - shop box

Sunday 19 May 2013

Almost finished!

It has been such lovely weather here, although a bit cold, that I've spent more time in the garden and on RL house things (such as preparing for a new settee and chairs in the sitting room) than on miniatures. The only exception being the Oriental style rug.

The main job of filling in the cream background is done! I then started on the edge and promptly forgot that I still have to do the stitching for the bamboo style edge. I had hoped to finish it this weekend, but I'll need a few more hours. 
The inner edge still has to be 'bambooed' and then I have to finish the edges and the back. Still, I'm quite happy with it.

This half term my sisters are visiting and we have planned to see Sissinghurst gardens and I hope to take them to Hever Castle as well, to show them the Tudor, Georgian and other miniatures in the permanent exhibition. Not sure if we will have enough time to do both, but I can try to show them what can be achieved in miniature (by top makers) and why it is such a fantastic hobby!

Happy mini-time,

Idske


10 comments:

  1. Hi Idske! Your rug looks fantastic, I love the result of so many hours of embroidering.
    Enjoy the visit of your sisters, I hope you can go to both destinations, they seem to be gorgeous as I've read on several blogs now.
    Ik ben momenteel ook meer met andere dingen bezig dan miniaturen, het is even niet anders.
    Geniet van je logées en ik hoop dat je een fijne tijd samen hebt :D!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Idske,
    Good luck with your embroidery. Tomorrow rain. That's nice weather for your embroidery.
    Hugs Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molto bello il tappeto dallo stile orientale e penso che tu abbia impiegato parecchie ore per realizzarlo. Ora però goditi la visita delle tue sorelle! Un saluto
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idske! What a beautiful rug it will be when finished! Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work! What a patience you've got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Idske! I bet you are happy to be nearing the end of the work on the little carpet. You have done a really beautiful piece of embroidery and it will look really nice adorning your dollhouse floor. Do any of your sisters enjoy miniatures or needlework like you or do their passions turn towards gardens? I would love to see Sissinghurst, as I have a couple of books that detail it and its history and development and I have a favorite which is the Lime Walk and the wall of Clematis. I hope the weather will co operate when you go for your visit. Have a wonderful time and enjoy you visit with your sisters.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. me encanta esa alfombra, seguro que cuando termines los detalles que le quedan quedara mas bonita aun si cabe ,
    seguro que tus hermanas quedaran encantadas con esas visitas, espero que las disfruteis mucho

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rug is wonderful. I like the colors.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hat is off to you for having so much patience with that background, and it looks really neat and even!

    I think the bamboo just finishes it off perfectly. Well done!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your sisters' visit. Hope the weather is good. Lovely rug.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn on comment approval again, because of the ridiculous amount of anonymous spam. Anonymous comments with a commercial connection will be removed.